Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Life Well Lived

Coach Sallee was my PE coach my freshman year of high school.  While I don't recall too much about that class except for me trying to think up every reason why I shouldn't have to participate that day I do remember lots about the man we affectionately called Coach.
He was a man loved and respected-- not because he demanded it but because he earned it by first loving and respecting us and often times teaching us how to love one another.  He ALWAYS had a smile on his face and was NEVER too busy to ask how you were doing in the hall.  I'm sure we took advantage of his compassion and kindness but I don't think we ever out smarted him I think he just knew which battles were worth fighting and going to the bathroom a few too many times never seemed to be a battle he would fight.  I know he will be missed by many especially his wife and 2 kids. Cancer didn't win and Coach Sallee understood that. Christ already won and death has already been conquered for those who are children of the Most High. 

96-sallee300.standalone.prod_affiliate.79.jpg

Here is the link to the news article and video

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/669446.html

No comments:

Post a Comment